Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my notes dissappeared from the mac notes app

I opened my notes app one day and only two notes were left - there were different folders, some saved in the iCloud section and others on the On My Mac section. They weren't deleted as I can still see the folders when I left-click the remaining notes and there's an option to move to another folder.

Not sure if I did anything accidentally when changing the setting - I did go back again and nothing seems off with it.

Anyone else or just me?

(I am up to date with the latest software macOS Monterey).

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:15 AM

smellyapple wrote:

Thanks - I'm using the desktop app though

Understood.

If you have iCloud Notes enable this is how we sync Notes across all devices.

If you have this enabled— sign out of iCloud and back in again to repopulate your missing Notes on th Mac...

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

To access your notes on other devices, see Set up iCloud for Notes on all your devices.

You can try using Time Machine Local Snapshots on your Mac and reach back to when the Notes are there and restore.

About Time Machine local snapshots - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 7:15 AM in response to smellyapple

smellyapple wrote:

Thanks - I'm using the desktop app though

Understood.

If you have iCloud Notes enable this is how we sync Notes across all devices.

If you have this enabled— sign out of iCloud and back in again to repopulate your missing Notes on th Mac...

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

To access your notes on other devices, see Set up iCloud for Notes on all your devices.

You can try using Time Machine Local Snapshots on your Mac and reach back to when the Notes are there and restore.

About Time Machine local snapshots - Apple Support

Dec 5, 2021 6:00 AM in response to smellyapple

smellyapple wrote:

I opened my notes app one day and only two notes were left - there were different folders, some saved in the iCloud section and others on the On My Mac section. They weren't deleted as I can still see the folders when I left-click the remaining notes and there's an option to move to another folder.

Not sure if I did anything accidentally when changing the setting - I did go back again and nothing seems off with it.

Anyone else or just me?

(I am up to date with the latest software macOS Monterey).

See if there is anything here—

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/notes-on-icloudcom-overview-mm6704cac5/icloud

my notes dissappeared from the mac notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.