Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

idmsa sign-in not working

My sign-in to Apple support is not working properly. I am asked if I want to use the idmsa.apple.com Apple ID, which is my email address (correctly stated). If I click to use it, my password is rejected.

However, if I click to use a different sign-in, then enter EXACTLY the same email address, and then manually type in EXACTLY the same password, I can sign in.

I have already tried changing my password (twice), which does not fix the problem.

There is a further issue in that when I do sign in, I think I am supposed to see my Communities conversations, but I don't. I will address that issue separately, but I include it here in case it informs the sign-in question [and I hope I can get back to THIS conversation].

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:28 AM

Figured out how this works. Seems to be only an issue using Safari.

If you want to sign in to either appleid.apple.com or idmsa.apple.com, click Continue with Password.

In the password field, instead of using your Apple password, use the password to what ever Apple device you are using to sign in with. If on a Mac, use your Mac login password. Same with a iPhone, iPad, etc.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Eliot Hudson

Figured out how this works. Seems to be only an issue using Safari.

If you want to sign in to either appleid.apple.com or idmsa.apple.com, click Continue with Password.

In the password field, instead of using your Apple password, use the password to what ever Apple device you are using to sign in with. If on a Mac, use your Mac login password. Same with a iPhone, iPad, etc.

Dec 13, 2021 4:16 PM in response to Joe Gramm

Joe,

I have gotten that message for a long time on my iMac. In my case it is because I have not authorized my account to use iCloud. I don’t trust the privacy of the cloud and I do not want to use it. Apple is pestering me to change my mind, which I have no intention of doing. I don’t know how to stop that message from popping up, but I just dismiss it.

In short, if in your Apple ID you have not opted into all of Apple’s options, you will get that message. It is simply telling you that Apple offers service options that you have not elected.

Eliot

idmsa sign-in not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.