Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to iOS 15.1 lost option to send mms messages from iPad (9.7 “ WiFi)

How do I get the option to send mms messages from iPad? It disappeared after update to iOS 15.1. I can still send iMessages with just text, but cannot send pictures.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 10:36 AM

An iPad can’t send SMS or MMS.

It can only send that indirectly, via an iPhone with MMS/SMS and with Continuity enabled.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

If Continuity is enabled and not working, turn it off, restart the iPad and iPhone, re-enable, and try again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 10:36 AM in response to LizBMac

An iPad can’t send SMS or MMS.

It can only send that indirectly, via an iPhone with MMS/SMS and with Continuity enabled.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

If Continuity is enabled and not working, turn it off, restart the iPad and iPhone, re-enable, and try again.

Dec 8, 2021 9:52 AM in response to MrHoffman

My IPad has ALWAYS been able to send mms/sms, UNTIL update to iOS 15.1, albeit indirectly thru iPhone. (there was alway an option in IMessage settings on IPad, until this update). Now that option is gone, and mms/sms no longer works. Continuity is enabled, turning it off and on has not helped. Any other ideas?

After update to iOS 15.1 lost option to send mms messages from iPad (9.7 “ WiFi)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.