Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Not Working in Maps in my car after pairing

Before I paired my iPhone 12 with my MINI Cooper audio worked just fine. After pairing my phone with the car I can’t get audio to work. Do you have a resolution to this issue?

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Do you mean that you cannot hear the turn by turn directions? If that is the case, do you hear it on the phone? You need to make sure that you have turned it on in Maps. Set a destination and start the route. You should see a speaker icon on the screen, tap it to determine if you want to mute sounds, use just warnings, or if you wish to have the volume on. You should be able to figure out which icon is which. If you wish for it to come through your vehicle, you need to go to Settings>Maps>Spoken directions, and turn on the switch for Directions on Radio. I'm sorry you should turn that on before you do the other steps. The voice should come through the car. Just make sure you have the volume turned up on the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 6:28 PM in response to jaco3sa

Do you mean that you cannot hear the turn by turn directions? If that is the case, do you hear it on the phone? You need to make sure that you have turned it on in Maps. Set a destination and start the route. You should see a speaker icon on the screen, tap it to determine if you want to mute sounds, use just warnings, or if you wish to have the volume on. You should be able to figure out which icon is which. If you wish for it to come through your vehicle, you need to go to Settings>Maps>Spoken directions, and turn on the switch for Directions on Radio. I'm sorry you should turn that on before you do the other steps. The voice should come through the car. Just make sure you have the volume turned up on the phone.

Audio Not Working in Maps in my car after pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.