Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return an engraved iPad

Hi, I just received my iPad last Friday which I purchased through the Apple online store. It is with customised engraving. Can I ask whether I can return and request for a refund? It is still within 14 calendar days upon receiving the item. My geography location is in Malaysia. I can't seems to find the Ship a return link under my order details.

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:31 PM

Yes, you can return engraved items. The only difference is that you cannot return them in-store. See this from Apple's return policies.

Exchange an item

If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check if a product is in stock by visiting apple.com and then seeing if it's available for pickup at a store nearby. The only exchange exceptions are personalized items (such as engraved iPhone, iPad, or AirPods) and Macs that have been custom-configured. These items cannot be exchanged in store; they can only be returned and your refund will be issued to the payment method you used on your order (per the guidelines in our Standard Return Policy).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 7:31 PM in response to sandyLoong

Yes, you can return engraved items. The only difference is that you cannot return them in-store. See this from Apple's return policies.

Exchange an item

If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check if a product is in stock by visiting apple.com and then seeing if it's available for pickup at a store nearby. The only exchange exceptions are personalized items (such as engraved iPhone, iPad, or AirPods) and Macs that have been custom-configured. These items cannot be exchanged in store; they can only be returned and your refund will be issued to the payment method you used on your order (per the guidelines in our Standard Return Policy).

Dec 5, 2021 7:21 PM in response to sandyLoong

sandyLoong Said:

"Return an engraved iPad: [...]Can I ask whether I can return and request for a refund? It is still within 14 calendar days upon receiving the item. My geography location is in Malaysia. I can't seems to find the Ship a return link under my order details."

-------

You can Always Ask:

If you desire to do a return, then ask Apple. No one here has any say in returns --that's Apple's call.

1. Go Here: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: How to Return an Item
  3. Proceed form there as necessary

Return an engraved iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.