Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get a hold of the owner that gave me an apple watch and it doesnt let me set up my apple watch

cant get a hold of the owner that gave me an apple watch and it doesnt let me set up my apple watch

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:47 PM

Unless you can reach this owner and have them remove the watch from their account, you cannot use the watch, ever. Apple will not help you, nor can we. This is Activation Lock, which can only be removed by the original owner who locked the watch.

Sorry, but without their direct assistance, the watch is useless and should be recycled responsibly.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 7:47 PM in response to Anonymous_3

Unless you can reach this owner and have them remove the watch from their account, you cannot use the watch, ever. Apple will not help you, nor can we. This is Activation Lock, which can only be removed by the original owner who locked the watch.

Sorry, but without their direct assistance, the watch is useless and should be recycled responsibly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.