Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Volume

I have an iPhone 11 which is waterproof and splash proof and it got slashed near my pool. Now the volume buttons are not working and keep going either down or up and you can’t keep the volume at one setting or it goes down. Does anyone have any suggestions of what i can do?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 4:05 AM

iPhones are neither waterproof nor splash proof, they are merely splash-resistant.

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Pool water is not clean water but is filled with chemicals that are particularly damaging to electronic devices.

Your iPhone likely requires repair that is not covered by Apple's warranty.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 4:05 AM in response to __anna___

iPhones are neither waterproof nor splash proof, they are merely splash-resistant.

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Pool water is not clean water but is filled with chemicals that are particularly damaging to electronic devices.

Your iPhone likely requires repair that is not covered by Apple's warranty.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

iPhone Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.