Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering iCloud storage from personal to family plan

Hello,

I have a 50 GB iCloud plan and it is almost full. I am also part of a Family Sharing Plan, in which my Dad has 2 TB and barely uses any. I can't seem to figure out how to share in his iCloud plan and drop mine. Thank you for your help!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 8:08 AM

Your Dad needs to invite you to share iCloud storage -> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you accept the invitation your current 50GB subscription will be terminated:

When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.”

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 8:08 AM in response to uptowngirl13

Your Dad needs to invite you to share iCloud storage -> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you accept the invitation your current 50GB subscription will be terminated:

When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.”

Transfering iCloud storage from personal to family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.