Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud - New iPad, but old messages don't appear

I just got a new iPad and didn't restore from backup. I have Messages in iCloud enabled on my phone and the new iPad. New messages sync when they are delivered to my iPhone and iPad. But should I start seeing old messages download to my iPad that I can see on my iPhone? Or is that not how Messages in iCloud works?

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 10:53 AM

Hey drewsonian,

We see that you're not seeing your synced messages from iCloud on your new iPad, and we'd like to help!

How long have you waited until you enabled Messages from iCloud settings? Depending on the amount of data you have in Messages, it can take some time to download and restore all your backed up messages on your new iPad. If you connect your device to power and Wi-Fi, do you see any progress? Here's more on how to Use Messages in iCloud.

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 10:53 AM in response to drewsonian

Hey drewsonian,

We see that you're not seeing your synced messages from iCloud on your new iPad, and we'd like to help!

How long have you waited until you enabled Messages from iCloud settings? Depending on the amount of data you have in Messages, it can take some time to download and restore all your backed up messages on your new iPad. If you connect your device to power and Wi-Fi, do you see any progress? Here's more on how to Use Messages in iCloud.

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

Messages in iCloud - New iPad, but old messages don't appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.