Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password reset of apple id

Dear Support, on 22 nov 21 i have sent request for apple id recovery for apple id on my other device.

It was stated in the email that I am going to receive a text or phone call to recover my id pass on 05dec21 however I did not receive anything. Could you please check and support me to recover my pass?

Thank you in advance!

Petya

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 8:27 PM

For information about 'How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204921

- "If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period."

Check the status of your request

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to https://iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 8:27 PM in response to petya226

For information about 'How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204921

- "If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period."

Check the status of your request

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to https://iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.

Dec 7, 2021 12:16 AM in response to petya226

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with completing account recovery for your Apple ID.

I’m happy to help!

When setting up account recovery, you initially receive an email within 24 hours from Apple providing you an update on the account recovery, and if you have to wait a little longer before you can regain access to your Apple ID.

The timeframe you have to wait to regain access is partly based off the information you were able to confirm/provide when you set up the account recovery.

(example: You will be able to update your Apple ID information in 6 days)

After setting up the recovery, you can check the status of it at any time via iforgot.apple.com by entering your Apple ID.

This also provides the option to verify additional information in order to expedite the recovery process, and will usually want you to confirm the card info you have listed as primary payment on that Apple ID.

If this card is no longer active, valid, etc, this option will not work for you.

Note: The card does not have to have any funds on it, as it is not getting charged, and is only used as an additional form of account verification. If it is not valid/in use anymore it is no longer seen as an additional form of account verification.

If you are unable to verify additional info, you will have to wait until the provided day you can regain access and update your account information.

When it comes time to regain access to your Apple ID, and you did not receive a verification code via text, phone call, or email, you can still regain access by visiting the iforgot.apple.com website, and entering your Apple ID.

It will then countdown the time you have remaining before you can regain access, or you will be able to regain access immediately.

Note: It is very important to remember the timeframe when you created the account recovery. The iforgot website will be based off this timeframe and the link to regain access expires within a few hours.

Timeframe Examples

• ‘You have 13 minutes before you can regain access to your Apple ID.’
  • ‘You have 2 minutes before you can regain access to your Apple ID.’
  • ‘You have 13 days before you can regain access to your Apple ID.’

IF you sign into the iforgot website after the link expires, you will have to start account recovery over again.

Hope this helps!

Password reset of apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.