You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 4th generation

I just got a used ipod touch. I can connect to Wi-Fi, but the apps say there is no internet connection. So I can't open any apps. In the Settings it says it is connected. Any advice?

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 11:25 AM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2021 10:51 AM in response to mmbyers1

Hi mmbyers1,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As we understand it, you're able to connect to Wi-Fi on your iPod touch, but it doesn't appear to work for apps. Is that right? We'd like to see if we can help.

What's the exact message you're seeing when you try an app like Safari?

Which software version are you running under Settings > General > About?

If you haven't already, restarting the device might help: Restart your iPod touch

As another way to narrow this down, do you have access to another Wi-Fi network? If so, what happens when you connect the iPod touch to that network?

Let us know, and have a great day.

Dec 8, 2021 2:49 PM in response to ryane77

Thank you so very much for your excellent help. When I try to connect to iTunes it just says cannot connect to iTunes store. When I try to open the App Store it says...cannot connect to iTunes store. Safari seems to be working now.

Settings - General - About - Version - 6.1.6 (10B500)

I have restarted it several times.

Marcia

Ipod touch 4th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.