Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daughter's Contacts on My Devices

My daughter had been using my iPad, and when I logged her out of it in order to use it myself again, all of her contacts appeared in my contacts across all of my Apple devices. In fact, her contacts seem to take precedence over mine in Messages and other apps. Any way of reversing this? Also, how do I keep this from happening again?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:40 AM

It happened because your daughter signed in with her ID and then the iPad connected to her iCloud and mixed the contents with what you had on the iPad. When you signed in you probably replied "yes" when the iPad asked you if you wished to keep the information on it from a previous user.

In general it isn't a good idea to let others use Apple mobile devices which are really intended for single users. If you do, you need to pay careful attention to iCloud syncing because this kind of mixing up of account content can happen.

Your most likely resolution to this will be for you to go into all your iCloud based services and weed out her stuff that has been mixed with yours.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 9:40 AM in response to palmerjoss

It happened because your daughter signed in with her ID and then the iPad connected to her iCloud and mixed the contents with what you had on the iPad. When you signed in you probably replied "yes" when the iPad asked you if you wished to keep the information on it from a previous user.

In general it isn't a good idea to let others use Apple mobile devices which are really intended for single users. If you do, you need to pay careful attention to iCloud syncing because this kind of mixing up of account content can happen.

Your most likely resolution to this will be for you to go into all your iCloud based services and weed out her stuff that has been mixed with yours.

Daughter's Contacts on My Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.