Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wireless Keyboard behaving weirdly

All of a sudden my Bluetooth Apple keyboard (Model No. A1314) started entering the wrong keys when I type. For example:

• t always comes out as T
  • shift always prints the letter T also
  • return adds a -

I've tried replacing the batteries with fresh non-rechargeables, disconnecting and reconnecting, checking Accessibility to make sure I don't have weird sticky key settings turned on, and connecting the keyboard to a different Mac. None of these have helped. Is my keyboard just fried?

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 1:25 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 8, 2021 3:03 PM in response to the_big_dyl

My keyboard miraculously started working again. Here's what's strange though:

1. It stopped working the day before I got a new laptop
  2. My old laptop had been wiped and had a new OS installed on it (Monterey), but somehow it still remembered to pair with my wireless mouse and keyboard after being wiped.
  3. Once I removed the keyboard from my old laptop, it was able to pair with the new laptop and all the weird wrong key issues went away.

If anybody else ever finds themselves in a similar situation, I hope this helps. You can still remove keyboard pairings even after a laptop is wiped!

Apple Wireless Keyboard behaving weirdly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.