Wireless Bluetooth keyboard won’t turn on.

I have a wireless Apple keyboard (about 7-8 years old)(If it means anything: Model A1314) that will not turn on. When I press the power button the green LED lights up for about 3 seconds then goes out. It does not flash as though trying to make a connection to MacBook. During that 3 seconds the Bluetooth window detects the keyboard but pushing the "connect" doesn't work as it powers off too quickly.

I put fresh batteries in and still get the same results. The battery terminals are clean. No corrosion ever.

I just migrated from a 2015 Intel Mac to a 2023 M-2 MacBook Pro. Keyboard worked fine on Intel Mac.

Please, any suggestions?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 10:09 AM

Hi Yankeerebel,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing an issue with your Magic Keyboard and we're happy to help. Check out the steps below to help resolve issues like this:

1. Review the information and steps here: If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad to your Mac - Apple Support

2. If this continues, reach out for further assistance here: Get Support

Thanks.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 10:09 AM in response to Yankeerebel

Hi Yankeerebel,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing an issue with your Magic Keyboard and we're happy to help. Check out the steps below to help resolve issues like this:

1. Review the information and steps here: If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad to your Mac - Apple Support

2. If this continues, reach out for further assistance here: Get Support

Thanks.

Jul 12, 2023 2:18 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Jeff_W.

Craziest thing! Yesterday I couldn't power on the Magic keyboard. I went to the link you suggested and while it was loading I thought I'd try it one more time and voila! The keyboard turn on! And better yet, it connected. This text is being produced by the Magic keyboard. So thanks to you and everyone who offered suggestions and help.

Tony

Wireless Bluetooth keyboard won’t turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.