Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto

I have moved my iPhoto library to an external hard drive and now I can't sync my photos to my iPad during backup and sync.?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 11:18 PM

The syncing with the iPad is only syncing the System Photos Library. After moving the library, you have to make it again the System Photos Library.

If you have not yet done so, open your Photos Library in Photos, then go to the menu "Photos > Preferences".

In the "General" tab click "Use as System photos Library", then restart Photos and try to sync again.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 11:18 PM in response to ggardner48

The syncing with the iPad is only syncing the System Photos Library. After moving the library, you have to make it again the System Photos Library.

If you have not yet done so, open your Photos Library in Photos, then go to the menu "Photos > Preferences".

In the "General" tab click "Use as System photos Library", then restart Photos and try to sync again.

Iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.