Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete icloud account

I don't know if anyone in the community can answer this question but I have a colleague who doesn't remember his recovery phone number, his password, or has any device still connected to his Apple ID. Will Apple Support be able to reset the account without ANY of the information on file? I don't know if Apple Support can tell if a device is actively connected to the account, but I think no device should be connected.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 6:29 PM

All he can do is try to use account recovery and see if Apple can do anything. Start here -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

To delete an iCloud account you must delete the AppleID used with iCloud. You cannot even request AppleID deletion without being able to login to the AppleID as it is the act of logging in that proves the account is yours to delete in the first place. apple won’t delete an account you do not have active access to and control of.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 6:29 PM in response to syi00001

All he can do is try to use account recovery and see if Apple can do anything. Start here -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

To delete an iCloud account you must delete the AppleID used with iCloud. You cannot even request AppleID deletion without being able to login to the AppleID as it is the act of logging in that proves the account is yours to delete in the first place. apple won’t delete an account you do not have active access to and control of.

delete icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.