Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music I paid for

What happens to all the music I paid for, if I don't keep paying for Apple music?? I canceled my subscription, now I can't get anything. I thought I would still be able to get the music I downloaded, and the ones that I paid for.

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 6:09 PM

You should still have access to any music you PURCHASED from the iTunes Store.

Redownload music - Apple Support

However, any music you LEASED with an Apple Music subscription (even if you downloaded it) will be removed if you cancel your subscription or let it expire. You didn't pay for that music. You only rented it to play on your Apple approved devices. It is copy-protected.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 6:09 PM in response to Journey7446

You should still have access to any music you PURCHASED from the iTunes Store.

Redownload music - Apple Support

However, any music you LEASED with an Apple Music subscription (even if you downloaded it) will be removed if you cancel your subscription or let it expire. You didn't pay for that music. You only rented it to play on your Apple approved devices. It is copy-protected.

Dec 7, 2021 7:02 PM in response to javaliga

You will keep any music that you purchased from iTunes, even if you stop paying for Apple Music. You’ll also keep any music that you imported to your library from things like CDs or music files. Music you buy from iTunes will still appear on all your Apple devices. However, if you want imported music to keep appearing on all your devices, you’ll have to sync your devices using Music on Mac or you’ll want to pay the $25 for iTunes Match each year.

Music I paid for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.