Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I upgrade iCloud storage can I backup the photos of a stolen device?

my device was stolen if i upgrade my i cloud storage is there a way to back up the photos on that device?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 6:18 PM

So sorry to hear that your device was stolen. I know that can definitely be frustrating.

Since the device is no longer with you, there is that possibility of data loss.

If you had iCloud photos turned on, and there was enough storage the photos should still be there.

You can confirm this at iCloud.com > sign in and tap on photos

If the storage was full, and the photos were set to automatically sync, purchasing iCloud storage MAY work, but it will require internet connection (possibly require wifi)

But a smart criminal wouldn't have the device connected to any type of internet connection.

I would try to locate the Device using find my. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

You can also sign into iCloud.com/find to try and locate it.

Contact police and file a police report.

Please note that Apple Support cannot track your device if it is lost or stolen.

best of luck ;)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 6:18 PM in response to jbarrett912

So sorry to hear that your device was stolen. I know that can definitely be frustrating.

Since the device is no longer with you, there is that possibility of data loss.

If you had iCloud photos turned on, and there was enough storage the photos should still be there.

You can confirm this at iCloud.com > sign in and tap on photos

If the storage was full, and the photos were set to automatically sync, purchasing iCloud storage MAY work, but it will require internet connection (possibly require wifi)

But a smart criminal wouldn't have the device connected to any type of internet connection.

I would try to locate the Device using find my. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

You can also sign into iCloud.com/find to try and locate it.

Contact police and file a police report.

Please note that Apple Support cannot track your device if it is lost or stolen.

best of luck ;)

If I upgrade iCloud storage can I backup the photos of a stolen device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.