Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App unable to watch content

Every time I try to watch a television show or movie that I have purchased on my Macbook the player opens then immediately closes. This does not happen with Apple TV+ content, only things in my library that I have purchased

Yes, I have tried restarting my laptop and I have checked for a system update but as of now, I am not seeing any available.

Gif demonstrating the behavior (real-time, not sped up):

System Information:

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:00 AM

Thanks for everyone's help. My new laptop had not been "authorized" to watch my own content, but I was not given any warnings or errors when attempting to do so. I realized this after attempting to download a movie as a test and that gave me a dialog telling me this. If anyone has the same problem, please read this article: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 9:00 AM in response to macbookuser0938

Thanks for everyone's help. My new laptop had not been "authorized" to watch my own content, but I was not given any warnings or errors when attempting to do so. I realized this after attempting to download a movie as a test and that gave me a dialog telling me this. If anyone has the same problem, please read this article: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Apple TV App unable to watch content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.