Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications silenced on text messages

Without clicking any buttons, some of my contacts are receiving a notification that I’m silencing my texts. I do not have focus on and haven’t made any changes to my notifications.

This is happening randomly and only to some contacts, not all.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:10 AM

4 replies

Dec 9, 2021 9:30 AM in response to dori1965

Hello dori1965,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you are seeing some of your messages show that you are silencing your texts. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved if you are not wanting that to happen, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Set up Focus on iPhone. We advise checking the steps under Custom Focus to make sure that was accidentally set up. 

In addition, whenever there is unexpected behavior from your iPhone, we advise that you rule out some common issues by taking the following steps, which may help with this behavior: restart your iPhone, make sure it is up to date and close the Messages app and reopen it.

1. Restart your iPhone

2. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

3. Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Notifications silenced on text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.