Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhone 13 have a “Flip to shh” feature?

I switched from an Android phone to iPhone 13 a few weeks ago. There was a feature on my Pixel 4 XL called “Flip to shh” whereby you can lay the phone down on its face and it would effectively go into Do Not Disturb mode - no audible notifications. Does the iPhone 13 have such a feature? I know I can flip the switch above the volume buttons, but laying the phone face down seems better than trying to remember to flip the switch. Focus mode won’t really work because the times I need DND are random.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 9:33 AM

It's not exactly what you're looking for, and as barberlives123 posted, you can send feedback to Apple, but there is a workaround you might consider. If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap, you can set your phone to mute on either a double- or triple-tap of the back of the phone. This might get a little tricky as it 1) requires that you still do something manually and 2) can potentially present a situation where your phone's mute switch is set one way and the OS is set the other. But if you're good with remembering to turn things on and off, it might work for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 9:33 AM in response to Revianmac

It's not exactly what you're looking for, and as barberlives123 posted, you can send feedback to Apple, but there is a workaround you might consider. If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap, you can set your phone to mute on either a double- or triple-tap of the back of the phone. This might get a little tricky as it 1) requires that you still do something manually and 2) can potentially present a situation where your phone's mute switch is set one way and the OS is set the other. But if you're good with remembering to turn things on and off, it might work for you.

Dec 9, 2021 10:08 AM in response to kjames07

I hadn’t looked through all of the Accessibility options before, I’ll have to look through them and see what else I can find.

I did find that, if the Back Tap is set to Mute and the Mute switch is set to sound, then I have the situation that you mentioned - one set to mute and the other not. But, if you then toggle the Mute switch on and back off, then it toggles both (Mute switch AND OS) to audible. I’ll play around with it and see what I can come up with. The Back Tap toggled to Mute cannot change the Mute switch because of it being a physical switch. But the Mute switch can toggle the Back Tap orientation.

Thank you very much for helping me to see that I need to look through all options.. even the ones that I don’t think will help a certain situation.

Does iPhone 13 have a “Flip to shh” feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.