Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot sign in to the App Store on my new MacBook Pro

A couple of days ago I bought a MacBook Pro and upgraded the OS to Monterey. I need to install Xcode. In the App Store, I clicked on the Sign In icon and entered my Apple ID and password. After doing so, I was prompted to review my account information. So I clicked Review and was asked to enter my Apple ID and password. I did so and was again asked to review my account information. I cannot install Xcode because of this. Please help me. Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 1:48 PM

Is this a new Apple ID? If so, you need a payment method to use the account.

On a Mac;

Open the Music app

Choose the iTunes Store

Choose Account in the Music Quick Links on the right side of the store window

Sign in to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your account details

On an iOS device;

Open the Settings app

Chose your Apple ID

Choose Payment & Shipping

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.1; HomePods, audioOS 15.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 1:48 PM in response to ankush294

Is this a new Apple ID? If so, you need a payment method to use the account.

On a Mac;

Open the Music app

Choose the iTunes Store

Choose Account in the Music Quick Links on the right side of the store window

Sign in to your Apple ID

On an iOS device;

Open the Settings app

Chose your Apple ID

Choose Payment & Shipping

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.1; HomePods, audioOS 15.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

I cannot sign in to the App Store on my new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.