Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change it so that i receive texts on imessage on my computer through my phone number instead of my email

how do i change it so that i receive texts on imessage on my computer through my phone number instead of my email

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:09 PM

You need to set up Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone. See here:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Dec 8, 2021 12:07 PM in response to Thomas_Schnare

On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send & Receive: Here, ensure that ONLY the phone number has a checkmark beside it. Uncheck any items with an email address. Ensure that Start New Conversations From has only the Phone Number Checked.

On your Mac (I am assuming that you have a Mac computer) Open Messages app ➔ Preferences ➔ iMessage Tab: Here, Ensure that ONLY your Phone number has a check mark beside it. Uncheck any items with an email address.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.