Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove "ready for your new ipad" notification

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 5:28 PM

The notification that you indicate suggests that you used the temporary unlimited iCloud storage space to back-up and transfer data to your new iPad.

Upon expiry of this offer, the backup will be automatically deleted - as will the indicated notification. Until then, your original (temporary) backup remains available to you in case you should need to repeat the iPadOS 15.x transfer and setup procedure.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 5:28 PM in response to nisala176

The notification that you indicate suggests that you used the temporary unlimited iCloud storage space to back-up and transfer data to your new iPad.

Upon expiry of this offer, the backup will be automatically deleted - as will the indicated notification. Until then, your original (temporary) backup remains available to you in case you should need to repeat the iPadOS 15.x transfer and setup procedure.

Jan 4, 2022 2:58 PM in response to LotusPilot

Is there anyway to force remove this notification? I bought an iPad as a gift for my niece and ever since it shipped I've had this notification on my personal iPad. I have no intention of transferring my data to the new iPad because it wasn't for me. I thought it would go away automatically once she set up the new iPad on her account, but it hasn't. It's super annoying and takes up a ton of space.

how to remove "ready for your new ipad" notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.