Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove the "get ready for your new ipad" message in settings

Is there anyway to remove this notification? I bought an iPad as a gift for someone else and ever since it shipped I've had this notification on my own iPad. I thought it would go away automatically , but it hasn't.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 8:05 PM

Hi MaryMCO, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

The notice indicates that you may have used the Apple available temporary iCloud service which saves a backup of your iPad to the iCloud in preparation for transferring to a new iPad as per the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT212732

This service is available for up to 21 days and as such the notification does not disappear until that time and there is no way, at this time) to force quit it the notification.

Sorry but I hope that helps explain it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 8:05 PM in response to MaryMCO

Hi MaryMCO, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

The notice indicates that you may have used the Apple available temporary iCloud service which saves a backup of your iPad to the iCloud in preparation for transferring to a new iPad as per the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT212732

This service is available for up to 21 days and as such the notification does not disappear until that time and there is no way, at this time) to force quit it the notification.

Sorry but I hope that helps explain it.

Jan 29, 2022 11:06 AM in response to MaryMCO

I finally resolved this myself. I don't use iCloud backup so I backed up my iPad to my Mac, just in case. Then on my iPad, I logged out of iCloud after turning off FindMy. I shut down then restarted the iPad then logged back in to iCloud. Of course, it turned everything iCloud related back on, so I had to turn everything off again. The only weird glitch was turning off iCloud Photos. It told me it would delete all photos off of my iPad. Since I had a back up, I said ok. However, the photos were not deleted from my iPad. The "get ready" message that was in the settings is now gone. Hope this helps the rest of you having this issue.

Jan 12, 2022 6:57 AM in response to ShortBlack6857

This does not resolve the issue because I did not use the temporary iCloud service. And I verified that I have never used iCloud backup and do not have any data in iCloud. You state "you MAY have used the Apple available temporary iCloud service...", therefore, this support article does not apply to everyone receiving the "get ready" message.

How to remove the "get ready for your new ipad" message in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.