Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music from iPod Classic to iPhone 13

I have a significant amount of music (80GB+) on an old iPod Classic, sourced mostly from CDs, but also iTunes and free downloads. I would like to copy this music to my new iPhone 13 Mini. I am a Windows user. Can anyone advise? Do I need to use a 3rd party program or should I go through iTunes or what?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:00 PM

iPod2iPhone wrote:

I have a significant amount of music (80GB+) on an old iPod Classic, sourced mostly from CDs, but also iTunes and free downloads. I would like to copy this music to my new iPhone 13 Mini. I am a Windows user. Can anyone advise? Do I need to use a 3rd party program or should I go through iTunes or what?
Thanks in advance!

sync your 13 to itunes all your music should be housed there already, that is how you got your music on your ipod correct?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 3:00 PM in response to iPod2iPhone

iPod2iPhone wrote:

Thanks in advance!

sync your 13 to itunes all your music should be housed there already, that is how you got your music on your ipod correct?

Dec 8, 2021 3:23 PM in response to iPod2iPhone

iPod2iPhone wrote:

No, perhaps it was because I used other devices or older versions of iTunes way back when but very few of my songs are in my iTunes library. Should I try installing an older version of iTunes from the early 2010s and see if that's more conducive to the transfer? Would those older versions still support the newest iPhones like mine?
Thanks!

Probably be best to purchase a 3rd party like touch copy.

Transferring music from iPod Classic to iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.