Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no intelligent download for Monterey?

Why is there no intelligent download for Monterey? I live in a rural location, so-so internet access, i.e., the signal will drop. I have tried 4 times to download Monterey. Estimated time varies between 6-8 hours. When the signal drops, download starts from the beginning again, instead of picking up where it left off. Any way around this? Any way to make it resume?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 8:19 AM

jws8888 wrote:

Why is there no intelligent download for Monterey? I live in a rural location, so-so internet access, i.e., the signal will drop. I have tried 4 times to download Monterey. Estimated time varies between 6-8 hours. When the signal drops, download starts from the beginning again, instead of picking up where it left off. Any way around this? Any way to make it resume?

Yes get on a faster Network...

If you lose the connection it will start over, slow internet is sure to corrupt a download

If this is a notebook go sit in a coffee shop, behind a McDonalds, University/Public Library etc. typically all have high speed internet.

No one here can help you with a dodgy "rural location, so-so internet access."

You can try a WiFi hotspot if your cell provider supports this on your plan—maybe this would be more reliable

Use a mobile phone to connect your Mac to the internet

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2021 8:19 AM in response to jws8888

jws8888 wrote:

Yes get on a faster Network...

If you lose the connection it will start over, slow internet is sure to corrupt a download

If this is a notebook go sit in a coffee shop, behind a McDonalds, University/Public Library etc. typically all have high speed internet.

No one here can help you with a dodgy "rural location, so-so internet access."

You can try a WiFi hotspot if your cell provider supports this on your plan—maybe this would be more reliable

Use a mobile phone to connect your Mac to the internet

Why is there no intelligent download for Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.