Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having difficulty downloading the newest version of Monterey. It gives me an error message; saying it failed to download; every time I try. Any suggestions?

Having difficulty downloading the newest version of Monterey. It gives me an error message; saying it failed to download; every time I try. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:22 PM

are you attempting the download over wi-fi? when possible, you should perform macOS downloads with a wired ethernet connection. if this is not possible, (mac has no ethernet port) you should move the mac as close as possible to the router, and temporarily remove your other devices from the wi-fi. you need the most bandwidth going to the mac as you can get while downloading a macOS. I would trash the current monterey installer (if there is one in your applications folder) and start over.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 5:22 PM in response to wmartin51

are you attempting the download over wi-fi? when possible, you should perform macOS downloads with a wired ethernet connection. if this is not possible, (mac has no ethernet port) you should move the mac as close as possible to the router, and temporarily remove your other devices from the wi-fi. you need the most bandwidth going to the mac as you can get while downloading a macOS. I would trash the current monterey installer (if there is one in your applications folder) and start over.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.