Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I charge my watch

How do I charge my apple watch?

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:38 PM

Please refer to Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support.

4 replies

Dec 8, 2021 5:19 PM in response to Ferd II

Thank you for your reply. I found the reason I could not charge my watch is because the charging cord did not come with the normal USB end, instead it needs a USB-C adapter, which should have come with the watch, but it did not:-(

It appears that many many people have had the same problem and have had to purchase an adapter for $19. I am very disappointed in APPLE - they are usually so easy to use - this was not even shown in the info anywhere. Thank you again for your reply.

Dec 8, 2021 8:20 PM in response to cb253

There are less expensive 20watt chargers available.

Also you can plug it into any computer that has a USB-C port.

Apple is D***** if they do and D***** if they don't. Some countries fine Apple if they include the charger. Some countries fine Apple if they do not include the charger (and earphones). 2 years ago, Apple made the decision to not include the charging brick because a lot of people have an excess if charging bricks. Yes it saves Apple money, but it also cuts down on the amount of e-waste, and as Apple ships millions of iPhones and Apple Watches, over time that cuts down a great deal on e-waste.

It is unfortunate that the Series 7 Apple Watch shifted to USB-C cable, but then again, it has been 4 years since Apple started using USB-C for their Macs, so many Macs have USB-C ports, and you can use the Mac charging brick if you wish.

how do I charge my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.