Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alerts on iPhone and iPad

I would like to find out how to set up alerts for my calendars on my iPhone and iPad. I have a general idea about how to do this, but for some of the events I would like to set up a default time for the alerts (e.g., 1 day before). I would like to avoid going to each event individually to do this, as it involves calendar events I would like to display ahead of time.

I synchronize my e-mail (AT&T Mail/Yahoo!) calendar with my iPhone and iPad. Usually when I add an event on the calendar, it appears on my devices. I am now trying to have these events appear as an alert on the iPhone and iPad. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me regarding this issue.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:13 PM

Hey there, sheldan1955!

From your post, it sounds like you are working on enabling alerts for your appointments in the Calendar app on your iPhone and iPad. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

Check out this link to learn how to enable the Calendar app notification on your iPhone: Keep track of events in Calendar on iPhone. Here are steps for how to do that within your iPad: Keep track of events in Calendar on iPad.

Are you using the iCloud Calendar? If so, check out the information on this page: Receive notifications for calendar and event invitations on iCloud.com.

As for having a default time enabled for calendar events, this is not currently an option. However, Apple thoroughly reviews suggestions that are submitted to them. When you have a moment, send them your feedback here: Product Feedback Website. We hope this information helps you out!

Warm wishes.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:13 PM in response to sheldan1955

Hey there, sheldan1955!

From your post, it sounds like you are working on enabling alerts for your appointments in the Calendar app on your iPhone and iPad. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

Check out this link to learn how to enable the Calendar app notification on your iPhone: Keep track of events in Calendar on iPhone. Here are steps for how to do that within your iPad: Keep track of events in Calendar on iPad.

Are you using the iCloud Calendar? If so, check out the information on this page: Receive notifications for calendar and event invitations on iCloud.com.

As for having a default time enabled for calendar events, this is not currently an option. However, Apple thoroughly reviews suggestions that are submitted to them. When you have a moment, send them your feedback here: Product Feedback Website. We hope this information helps you out!

Warm wishes.

Alerts on iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.