Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings / Mail option to disable “Load Remote Images” is gone. How to stop loading remote images?

Since iPadOS 15.1, I can’t find the Mail setting to stop loading remote images. Hundreds of “how to” search say what I always used to do: Settings / Mail / slide “Load Remote Images” to off. I’m using hotspot data on my cell phone for a few weeks. I’m selecting dozens of junk mail at a time, and images are loading. This used to work. Each successive software update on iPad seems to get more frustrating.

How can I stop images from loading in Mail so that the junk mail doesn’t consume my data plan?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:16 PM

Hello rboko,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about stopping junk pictures from loading.

The setting to load remote images has been renamed “Block All Remote Content” and moved to Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection.

To see the “Block All Remote Content” setting you need to disable Protect Mail Activity.

Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:16 PM in response to rboko

Hello rboko,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about stopping junk pictures from loading.

The setting to load remote images has been renamed “Block All Remote Content” and moved to Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection.

To see the “Block All Remote Content” setting you need to disable Protect Mail Activity.

Thanks.

Settings / Mail option to disable “Load Remote Images” is gone. How to stop loading remote images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.