Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can send iMessages but cannot send messages to contacts using non iOS devices.

How do I contact people who do not iMessage? How do I set up messages to use contacts on my new MacBook Pro 2021?

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:36 PM

In order to send texts, from your Mac, to non-Apple devices, at least two things are required:

1. A cellular voice plan that offers SMS texting. Most, if not all, do.
  2. An iPhone that is configured to allow your Mac to submit SMS text messages to. In turn, the iPhone will relay these to the recipients via SMS.

Ref: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 9:36 PM in response to C1ScottC

In order to send texts, from your Mac, to non-Apple devices, at least two things are required:

1. A cellular voice plan that offers SMS texting. Most, if not all, do.
  2. An iPhone that is configured to allow your Mac to submit SMS text messages to. In turn, the iPhone will relay these to the recipients via SMS.

Ref: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

I can send iMessages but cannot send messages to contacts using non iOS devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.