Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages app on mac will not send to certain contacts

Hey all, I just synced my mac contacts to my messages app on my mac and when I tried to send messages in a group chat the messages are not going through. I can send messages to my wife no problem. Is there something that I missed during sync that I need to perform?

Thank you all for your time and effort on this page.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 2:36 PM

Look in iMessage on your Mac, Preferences, select the iMessage button in Preferences.

Make sure "Start new conversations from:" shows your cell phone number. Make sure that the correct Apple ID show and is "enabled."

Make sure that on your iPhone Settings for Messages that message forwarding is enabled with the same Apple ID account and your Mac shows as the device for the forwarding. Also on the iPhone "send & receive" should include your Apple ID and the cell phone number. Also "Send as SMS" should be enabled on the iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 2:36 PM in response to ZoomieB

Look in iMessage on your Mac, Preferences, select the iMessage button in Preferences.

Make sure "Start new conversations from:" shows your cell phone number. Make sure that the correct Apple ID show and is "enabled."

Make sure that on your iPhone Settings for Messages that message forwarding is enabled with the same Apple ID account and your Mac shows as the device for the forwarding. Also on the iPhone "send & receive" should include your Apple ID and the cell phone number. Also "Send as SMS" should be enabled on the iPhone.

Jun 17, 2021 9:08 AM in response to ZoomieB

ZoomieB wrote:

Hey all, I just synced my mac contacts to my messages app on my mac and when I tried to send messages in a group chat the messages are not going through. I can send messages to my wife no problem. Is there something that I missed during sync that I need to perform?

Thank you all for your time and effort on this page.

Is everyone is said group using an Apple device or mixed android and iphone?

Messages app on mac will not send to certain contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.