Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep same Apple ID and password

I still have my IPhone but I switched service carriers and changed my number and I right now I can use both numbers for iMessages and FaceTime only my new number I can use everything but I want to take the old number out but it’s to my Apple ID

iPhone 7, 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 10:58 PM

If you navigate to Settings > Messages you will see: Send & Receive.

Touch on Send & Receive and it will show you the addresses (ie. the phone numbers and email addresses) used with your phone for Messages.

Remove the tick for the unwanted numbers by touching on them. Do this both for the 'You can receive...' group at the top and the 'Start new Conversations from' at the bottom

Or if you go into Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email

you will see a list called Contactable. You can edit this to remove unwanted numbers/email addresses.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 10:58 PM in response to MSJ1979

If you navigate to Settings > Messages you will see: Send & Receive.

Touch on Send & Receive and it will show you the addresses (ie. the phone numbers and email addresses) used with your phone for Messages.

Remove the tick for the unwanted numbers by touching on them. Do this both for the 'You can receive...' group at the top and the 'Start new Conversations from' at the bottom

Or if you go into Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email

you will see a list called Contactable. You can edit this to remove unwanted numbers/email addresses.

Keep same Apple ID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.