Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and family sharing.

If I have an Apple SE cellular watch, can I give it to my child on a few occasions, he is riding his bike to school once a week and I want him to be able to let me know her has arrived safely.

And will I need to set up family sharing?

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:08 AM

Apple Watch is one of the many devices which can be located in Find My, if that is what you mean by finding that your child has arrived safely.

If the watch is signed into your Apple ID account it will already be visible in any other device you have which is also signed in to your account.

In addition, Family Sharing will show you family member's devices signed into THEIR account.

An Apple Watch is a lot to risk if you are having it go off to school. If you are thinking of a device less expensive device to use you might want to consider an AirTag.

Alternatively, the watch can send you a message from the school, but again if it is signed into your account Family Sharing is not required.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 12:08 AM in response to aamwilson

Apple Watch is one of the many devices which can be located in Find My, if that is what you mean by finding that your child has arrived safely.

If the watch is signed into your Apple ID account it will already be visible in any other device you have which is also signed in to your account.

In addition, Family Sharing will show you family member's devices signed into THEIR account.

An Apple Watch is a lot to risk if you are having it go off to school. If you are thinking of a device less expensive device to use you might want to consider an AirTag.

Alternatively, the watch can send you a message from the school, but again if it is signed into your account Family Sharing is not required.

Apple Watch and family sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.