Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot import movie to Apple TV

I have not been able to import movies into my Home Videos library

My TV library is on an external HD and the movies I want to import are on another external HD.

What I do to import the files:

I click on FILE>IMPORT, select the file and click on OPEN.

But to no avail. Nothing is imported.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, is there a solution to this problem.

TIA

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 5:50 AM

On OS X El Capitan 10.11 (or anything prior to 10.15), you would import video files into the iTunes application. The imported content would be added to the iTunes library for Home Videos, if the files are untagged or tagged as home video.

You can also use drag-and-drop to the iTunes main window with the local Library selected.

On macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, you would import video files into the TV app. The imported content would be added to the iTunes library for Home Videos, if the files are untagged or tagged as home video.

You can also use drag-and-drop to the TV app main window with the local Library selected.

You can set the app’s Preferences on how to handle imports. Consolidating is default but optional.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 5:50 AM in response to danmartinnt

On OS X El Capitan 10.11 (or anything prior to 10.15), you would import video files into the iTunes application. The imported content would be added to the iTunes library for Home Videos, if the files are untagged or tagged as home video.

You can also use drag-and-drop to the iTunes main window with the local Library selected.

On macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, you would import video files into the TV app. The imported content would be added to the iTunes library for Home Videos, if the files are untagged or tagged as home video.

You can also use drag-and-drop to the TV app main window with the local Library selected.

You can set the app’s Preferences on how to handle imports. Consolidating is default but optional.

Cannot import movie to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.