Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked iPhone

I bought a phone from online, but the phone is black listed as lost from the original owner. I asked them to see if the could get the phone unlocked and the said they did, even though I still can’t activate the phone. Besides changing my carrier and returning the phone is there anything I can do to activate the phone? The phone is still under warranty. Can I get a replacement for it?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:25 AM

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPhone.

To unlock this Phone, you need the Apple ID and password that were used during set up.

You wil need to contact the original owner to have them remove this device from their account.

Send the iPhone return to the seller & ask your money back.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 6:25 AM in response to AminaAbdullahi

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPhone.

To unlock this Phone, you need the Apple ID and password that were used during set up.

You wil need to contact the original owner to have them remove this device from their account.

Send the iPhone return to the seller & ask your money back.

Locked iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.