Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Reply for driving

Phone just updated to 15.1 Auto reply while driving option is gone. This is a must have so I can reply to customers with notes when not monitoring phone. Any suggestions or am I missing it altogether?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 7:34 AM

Turn on Auto-Reply

1. Go to Settings > Focus and tap Driving.
  2. Tap Auto-Reply under Options.
  3. Select an option, such as No One, Recents, Favourites or All Contacts.

Use Driving Focus on your iPhone to concentrate on the road

4 replies

Dec 16, 2021 8:38 PM in response to pool515

I just updated to 15.2. Same issue. I was driving home and mine is setup to only auto reply my Favorites. My son sent a text and he did not get an auto reply that I was driving so didn't know he needed to call me if he needed to reach me. I tried a number of different settings and had my wife test text while I had the phone in Driving Mode in the driveway and no luck with any of the various options. Not happy that I upgraded to iOS 15. This was an important feature I used to let people know I am driving and not looking at my text messages.

Jan 9, 2022 12:22 PM in response to MrJSpinny

Found a solution on another Mac Forum. The missing information that Apple didn't provide when I opened a ticket with them is there in the Settings > Messages there is now a "Allow Messsage Access to " Focus. You have to enable this to allow Messages to access Focus status. Once I turned this on then my Auto Reply when in DND While Driving is now working.

Auto Reply for driving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.