Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login in whenever asked for a password

every time I try to login to iCloud or apple the login asks for my personal email password which I am not giving to Apple or the system ! How do you get past this as I can't see any other options !

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:04 AM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Mojo-jojo250!

From our understanding, you’re being asked for email password when trying to log in to iCloud. We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

We see that you recently reviewed the article “If you can’t connect or sign in to iCloud”. That is a great place to start.

When you create an Apple ID, your email address becomes your Apple ID. The prompts are likely asking for the password to your Apple ID, it just looks like it is asking for information for email address. You can learn more here: Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 11:04 AM in response to Mojo-jojo250

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Mojo-jojo250!

From our understanding, you’re being asked for email password when trying to log in to iCloud. We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

We see that you recently reviewed the article “If you can’t connect or sign in to iCloud”. That is a great place to start.

When you create an Apple ID, your email address becomes your Apple ID. The prompts are likely asking for the password to your Apple ID, it just looks like it is asking for information for email address. You can learn more here: Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Login in whenever asked for a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.