Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned on Assistive Touch, and now a blue rectangle comes up periodically. How do I turn this off, but keep assistive touch on?

I turned on Assistive Touch, and now a blue rectangle comes up periodically. How do I turn this off, but keep assistive touch on?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 11:25 AM

See the 'Navigate your Apple Watch with hand gestures' section in:

Use AssistiveTouch on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

":When you raise your wrist, a blue ring around your Apple Watch screen indicates that AssistiveTouch is turned on and ready for you to activate it with the default double-clench gesture. You can change the color of this visual signal in Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Color. Or you can turn the visual signal off by going to Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Hand Gestures > Activation Gesture."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 11:25 AM in response to tecsi12

See the 'Navigate your Apple Watch with hand gestures' section in:

Use AssistiveTouch on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

":When you raise your wrist, a blue ring around your Apple Watch screen indicates that AssistiveTouch is turned on and ready for you to activate it with the default double-clench gesture. You can change the color of this visual signal in Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Color. Or you can turn the visual signal off by going to Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Hand Gestures > Activation Gesture."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.