Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother Laser Printer.

My Brother laser printer won't print from my Imac ios monterey, I have removed and readded the printer (HL-L3210CW) but no success! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tried brother support but for some reason can't get to there support page.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:48 PM

10 replies

Dec 9, 2021 3:44 PM in response to britman98

Hi,

A Brother HL-L3210CW is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that you should be able to use HL-L3210CW without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (router). According to the UK support site, Brother recommends AirPrint for this model and macOS 12 Monterey (https://www.brother.co.uk/support/hl-l3210cw/downloads). How is your printer connected?

Dec 10, 2021 12:53 PM in response to britman98

Thank you. Additional information from Brother does not appear to help much.

https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/176091

AirPrint is dependent on Bonjour. Any change if you try the following power-cycling sequence?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer(s), the computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer(s). Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/printers.

If you have access to an iPhone/iPad, is it possible to print from there?

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If absolutely nothing else works, you could possibly try the macOS 10.15 Catalina printer driver 1.6.0 (the same link as in my previous message). This is not AirPrint. Probably a good idea to again reset the printing system. Could perhaps be tested with USB as well. It would be entirely experimental. It may not work at all with your printer and macOS Monterey. Before doing anything, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera).

Brother Laser Printer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.