Brother Printer connect problems

After buying a Brother Printer MFC_L2730 and unable to connect AFTER 4 HOURS & another with Brother Chat to no avail, I saw on CD driver that only compatible with Mac version 10. Returned to get Brother printer compatible with version 12. I made them double check compatibility. They found Brother will no longer update their software passed version 10. DO NOT BUY BROTHER PRINTERS. WHAT PRINTER IS COMPATIBLE??

MacBook (2017)

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 7:00 PM

To AirPrint from a Mac see instructions in Print wirelessly from your Mac to your printer - Apple Support

AirPrint is an Apple protocol.

I have a Brother DCP L2540DW that I bought in 2016 and works fine using AirPrint (using every Apple macOS from 10.12 through the current macOS 14). I use Brother iPrint&Scan app for scanning only and it prints wirelessly from my wife's Windows 11 computer without any Brother software added to her computer. The Brother website I linked in my first post does have Windows drivers and software available but I don't remember ever doing that for her computer (definitely didn't do it after the Windows 11 upgrade).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 7:00 PM in response to kal1111

To AirPrint from a Mac see instructions in Print wirelessly from your Mac to your printer - Apple Support

AirPrint is an Apple protocol.

I have a Brother DCP L2540DW that I bought in 2016 and works fine using AirPrint (using every Apple macOS from 10.12 through the current macOS 14). I use Brother iPrint&Scan app for scanning only and it prints wirelessly from my wife's Windows 11 computer without any Brother software added to her computer. The Brother website I linked in my first post does have Windows drivers and software available but I don't remember ever doing that for her computer (definitely didn't do it after the Windows 11 upgrade).

Oct 10, 2023 6:28 PM in response to FoxFifth

I am trying wirelessly. I have been to the link and downloaded it and never got it to work. Customer service spent an hour with me and never got it to work. Even our Windows would not connect.

I keep hearing about AirPrint. I keep asking HOW CAN I GET THIS? I get NO answer. Apple at Jump+, Brother and Best Buy could not answer. So, how can I get AirPrint on my MAC Air and on a Windows?

Brother Printer connect problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.