Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing photos from IPad to Desktop

My photos synced up until 2021. They stop at the end of 2020. I have not gotten a new desktop or anything...just keep it updated. I have a MacOS Big Sur. My iPad is an iPad Pro 15.1 I am not an expert at computers but this has never happened before. I have tried to check settings, etc. with no luck.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 12:40 PM

Hello AliceH66,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your photos no longer sync between your iPad and your Mac.

Do you use iCloud Photos or do you usually sync manually? If you usually sync using iCloud, it sounds like you may have checked already but if not, make sure that iCloud Photos are enabled on both devices. Check out Set up and use iCloud Photos.

If you usually sync by connecting your iPad to your Mac, use the guidance in Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad instead.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 12:40 PM in response to AliceH66

Hello AliceH66,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your photos no longer sync between your iPad and your Mac.

Do you use iCloud Photos or do you usually sync manually? If you usually sync using iCloud, it sounds like you may have checked already but if not, make sure that iCloud Photos are enabled on both devices. Check out Set up and use iCloud Photos.

If you usually sync by connecting your iPad to your Mac, use the guidance in Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad instead.

Take care.

Syncing photos from IPad to Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.