Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing message on iPhone

i am getting a message from blocker.digital that my phone has been hacked. is this possible legitimate what is the best security for an I-Phone 13 ios 15.1.1. it will not allow me to close safari I was using safari to look up an authors name.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:22 PM

It’s not legitimate. If you can’t close Safari by swiping up from the bottom of the screen force restart your phone:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off"

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Then go to Settings/Safari and tap Clear History & Website Data.

Your phone doesn’t need any added security; iOS is secure itself. And see→Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:22 PM in response to junglejim

It’s not legitimate. If you can’t close Safari by swiping up from the bottom of the screen force restart your phone:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off"

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Then go to Settings/Safari and tap Clear History & Website Data.

Your phone doesn’t need any added security; iOS is secure itself. And see→Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2021 2:20 PM in response to junglejim

my problem is that it will not disappear. my first reaction was to close safari. next was to turn off my phone but it stays there and can't use safari to do anything.

that is what I thought and think. my problem is I tried to close safari and it came right back. then u turned off by phone and it came right back. i cant use safari.

Phishing message on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.