Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen saver and hot corners not working after Monterey upgrade

I just upgraded to Monterey and found that the new Quick Note hot corner is not working. I tried:

• setting it up in System Preferences/Mission Control and /Desktop & ScreenSaver. Neither worked.
  • clearing out the hot corner settings, restarting my Mac, and re-setting hot corners. That did not work.
  • shutting down and unplugging my Mac, then restarting and re-setting hot corners. That did not work.

Also, before the upgrade I used the classic screensaver for my Mac and it worked fine. After the upgrade I have it set to the same but I'm only getting a black screen with the clock running.

Anyone know what's going on with the Monterey upgrade?

My computer: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 9:34 AM

Try restarting in Safe Mode, then restart normally again. Also, try resetting NVRAM.

If the issue persists, more likely than not it will related to some of the third party extensions or daemons, one or more of which may not work well with the new OS.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 9:34 AM in response to JmeLizzy

Try restarting in Safe Mode, then restart normally again. Also, try resetting NVRAM.

If the issue persists, more likely than not it will related to some of the third party extensions or daemons, one or more of which may not work well with the new OS.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

screen saver and hot corners not working after Monterey upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.