Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore an event from FCPX?

I have a library (75GB) with 17 events. I deleted some of the effects and some animations. Is there a way to restore just one event, without restoring all the library?

Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:42 AM

Do not drag anything out of the library, ever.

You use the library properties to assign a new location, a folder or drive, for your media. You then use the consolidate function to move the media to that location and replace it in the library with symlinks.

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 10, 2021 11:00 AM in response to Girshon Rutstein

Not sure what you mean by "restore"...

This library is pretty big. When there is a lot of media, it is usually better to store the media outside the library. This leads to better performance and less danger of the library getting corrupted.

If you want to work on just one event, you can create a new library, and copy just that event to the new library. All you have to do is have the two libraries open in FCP, and option-drag the event from one to the other.

Depending on how much media there is and where it is located, this can be nearly instantaneous, or take a bit to copy everything.

Dec 10, 2021 11:34 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks, Luis.

What I meant by restore, is that I deleted some of the animation effects and tracking etc. So I was going to restore from the backup. But there is no way to do it without opening the backup of the whole library 75GB.

I made a mistake that I imported the media into the library, thinking that I will have only a few events and projects, now I end up with at least 25 events and 75GB of files. Maybe you are right I should have kept outside the library. But I constantly use some of the same clips in different projects and events.

The question is, how do I drag all the clips to an outside folder without affecting the projects?

Thanks.

How to restore an event from FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.