Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The message Mac OS could not be installed on your computer, keeps popping up.

I'm getting the error message, "Mac OS could not be installed on your computer. The source contains newer release of Mac OS. Your Mac requires an upgrade before you can migrate from the source." I have no idea what this means. I'm trying to do a security update with Catalina and It won't let me. I have a MacBook Pro 13 2012 model.

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:24 PM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2021 8:55 AM in response to PRP_53

Ok. Thanks. Hey, about a year ago, I was having the same error message on an update and it locked me out of my DJ software which is called Rekordbox. I had to take it to the Apple Store and they were forced to wipe it clean and restore from an older Time Machine backup. I never did this security update for Catalina, for fears I would have the same issue with my DJ software. Now, when the compatibility issue was solved with my DJ software, I attempted to update my Catalina. Hope this helps.

The message Mac OS could not be installed on your computer, keeps popping up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.