Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Energy Saver icon under my system preferences. System times out after a few minutes of inactivity.

I was reading a previous Q&A dated 20 December 2020, which is similar to my problem. The numerous other responses attached to the original question. Unfortunately, I am unable to review the additional Q&A responses. The original question, "Was the energy saver icon," removed in the Big Sur update.

If this question has been answered, please elaborate.

I've contacted Apple support about my issue, several times. My MacBook Pro 2017 continues to timeout. My problem was escalated, that individual as well, could not stop my problem. The advisor guided me through the system preferences until she found the actual programming sequence. The timer is set for 3 minutes. She informed me there is nothing she could with it. End the call, stating I should contact Apple about this issue

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 6:19 PM

You were talking to Apple. We are just users, here.

In System Preferences, look in the view menu for Energy Saver.

Seems you have some other problem, though. Can you describe the problem about it timing out. What is set and where?

6 replies

Dec 11, 2021 4:33 PM in response to Barney-15E

My MacBook Pro will automatically time itself out in 3 minutes, when there is no activity. All the settings that are available to me in the system preferences to prevent timing out, were maxed out. The last apple representative, tried safe mode in addition to verifying the setting in screen share. We sat a few minutes then the screen would appear informing I have less than a minute to resume activity or it would log me out completely. The Apple representative had no clue on how to proceed. That’s when I was escalated. With the same results, other than when we, under screen sharing guidance, that she found the actual timing out program entry of 3 minutes, in system preferences. She was not aware of this. That is when she told me to contact Apple about this problem, since she does not have the capability to change the timing out program sequence.

I put this in forum, to see if anyone else has experienced this problem. She did make one suggestion, go to a backup prior to Big Sur and reinstall from there, to see if my energy saver icon returns and if the timing out stops. - unfortunate I will not do that

Dec 12, 2021 7:21 PM in response to oxqzme

Thank you.. you should apply for a job at apple, because there technicians couldn’t figure this out. So, tell me what happened to the icon, energy saver.

It is possible to hide icons, but they still do appear in the View menu.

However, I didn't look at what Mac you were using. On a laptop Mac, in Monterey it is the Battery system preference, not Energy Saver.

Missing Energy Saver icon under my system preferences. System times out after a few minutes of inactivity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.