Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I delete files on my desk top to make more room on my hard drive once it on the cloud?

can I delete files on my desk top to make more room on my hard drive once it on the cloud?

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:38 PM

Files are not kept on desktop screen , rather in finder > iCloud section > Documents when iCloud drive and desktop and documents box is turned on Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Deleting the files will reduce less space from iCloud Delete files in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

but it won't reduce Macintosh hard drive space , see the thread to reduce its space https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251789307

Note : you can also drag and drop some massive size files Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support to other location Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

And also can use optimise feature Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 11:38 PM in response to marci_el_don

Files are not kept on desktop screen , rather in finder > iCloud section > Documents when iCloud drive and desktop and documents box is turned on Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Deleting the files will reduce less space from iCloud Delete files in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

but it won't reduce Macintosh hard drive space , see the thread to reduce its space https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251789307

Note : you can also drag and drop some massive size files Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support to other location Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

And also can use optimise feature Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.