Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get ride of ghost storage on Macbook?

I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of those "other" storage that is taking up a lot of space on my MacBook? I have already cleared the cache in libraries and gotten rid of general clutter. Below you can see that it isn't my application or document files taking up that much of the space.

I don't want to use any third-party application to try and get ride of it, I have already tried ominidisk sweeper, cleanmymac and so on. none of them work even without a paid subscription.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 6:37 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 11, 2021 6:46 PM in response to momomiya

Hi there momomiya,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're trying to remove the 54 GB of storage on your Mac. Other storage is compromised of many elements in several different sub folders such as volumes, recovery and system data. Are you currently unable to utilize available storage on your Mac? Review Free up storage space on your Mac.

Regards.

How to get ride of ghost storage on Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.